Dive into the world of fuel cell technology and discover how hydrogen is revolutionizing the energy landscape, from production to application as a sustainable energy carrier. Our certificate course, "Fuel Cell - Sustainable Energy Carrier: From Production to Application," offers a comprehensive understanding from electrochemical basics to system integration. Explore the fundamentals, delve into various fuel cell types, and learn how hydrogen is revolutionizing the energy landscape. Get ready to shape the energy of the future.
Part 1: Fundamentals of Fuel Cells
- Electrochemical cell
- Ion conduction in the electrolyte
- Half-cell reactions and electrochemical potentials
- Operation and safety aspects of a battery using the example of a lithium-ion battery
- Operation of a fuel cell
Part 2: Fundamentals of Fuel Cell Systems
- Overview of hydrogen production and the significance of hydrogen for future energy economy
- Operation and structure of various types of fuel cells
- Detailed examination of the PEM (polymer electrolyte membrane) fuel cell
- Structure and operation of individual components
- Operation of SOFC (Solid Oxide Fuel Cell)
Operation of PEMFC (Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell)
- From cell to stack: interconnection, stack components (requirements, issues, materials), water management
- From stack to system: peripheral components, gas supply, electrical peripherals, system concepts
- Comprehensive Understanding: Acquire a comprehensive understanding of fuel cell technology, encompassing electrochemical principles, types of fuel cells, and their respective components, enabling the ability to discern their functionality and applications.
- Practical Application: Gain practical insights into the sustainable production and utilization of hydrogen as a primary energy carrier within fuel cells, with a focus on implementing this knowledge in real-world applications to drive sustainable energy solutions.
- System Integration Proficiency: Develop proficiency in integrating fuel cell systems, from single-cell behavior to system-level architecture, enabling the ability to design, optimize, and implement efficient and effective fuel cell solutions for a sustainable energy future.
We expect participants to have a first University Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) and recommend a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the specific field of the course.
Registration & Organization
- Format: On-campus or online
- Group size: The course is bookable for a group of minimum 5 people and a maximum of 15 people.
- Duration: 5 days
- Costs: 3.500€ per participant. Please ask us for special company and alumni rates.
For individual scheduling of this 5-day certificate course especially for your company please contact Ms. Martina Waldner.
Ms. Martina Waldner
Senior Program Consultant
info∂ hectorschool com